One of the toughest allergies for me to deal with is propylene glycol - and I know many of you deal with it as well! The fact that it's in SO many different types of products from food to shampoo to make-up... makes it's really difficult to avoid. Add in the fact that it's hidden within a bunch of other ingredients (like modified food starch and extracts) and the level of difficulty increases quite a bit.
Some of the most useful pieces of advice that I've gotten are from YOUR stories!
After propylene glycol allergy diagnosis, one of your best resources is the experience of others.
From difficulties at the dentist office, scars being left on their feet, multiple misdiagnoses and summers being ruined... these people with propylene glycol allergy have been through a lot!
Here are their stories:
- One Reader's Incredible Journey of Discovering Her Propylene Glycol Allergy
- Allergies & Eczema
- Propylene Glycol and Eating at Restaurants
- Itchy Rash
- Allergic to Propylene Glycol
- Propylene Glycol: Only Allergic on The Inside
- My 34 Year Battle
- Propylene Glycol is Everywhere!
- Breast Cancer, Allergies, Eczema and Thyroid Issues Won't Keep This Person Down!
- Processing of Sugar & Salt