There are so many awesome articles online about the topics my blog covers: allergies, eczema, style, and health. In an effort to spread knowledge, I’m sharing some interesting articles I’ve come across this week. Pull up a cup of coffee (or hot water like myself) and enjoy!
- From Oregon to Maine to Texas, Rate of U.S. Allergy is Same - Scientists recently took the blood of 10,000 Americans and figured out that which state you live in doesn't affect whether you get seasonal allergies or not. Each area certainly is more famous for certain allergens, but that's about it. Also, there are more food allergies in The South.
- Polar vortex may mean miserable allergy season - As if -15 degrees wasn't bad enough... there's a chance this spring may suck for us allergy sufferers. This is why: since winter has decided to last so long, spring season is going to be shortened. The trees/flowers send out a certain amount of pollen each year. Instead of gradually getting the seasonal allergies, they may ALL be slammed into a couple weeks. It better warm up FAST... that's all I've got to say about that...
- 5 Things You Might Not Know About Spring Allergies - A short article, but The Huff Post covers a handful of good points including the fact that most pollen allergies are tree pollen allergies.
- Trial to see if silk will help eczema patients - Hats off to University of Portsmouth and a super cool 8 year old boy. He is part of 60 kids taking part in the study where they'll wear specialized silk eczema clothing for 6 months. I think this is a great study. Wearing 100% cotton has definitely helped my eczema, so I hope this helps those kids! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the results pop up in the news.
- 7 Foods to Help Heal Eczema From The Inside Out - I do believe that nutrition is a giant part of staying healthy. It makes sense why these foods would help with eczema... can't hurt to try! These tips come from a book written by Karen Fischer called "The Eczema Diet".
- How To Take a Selfie Like a Supermodel - From using the right light to how to angle your phone, learn how to werk it!
- 11 Things Every Fashionable Woman Should Have By 30 - More than being just about clothing, I think this is a very good list :-)
- THIS Is How You Stack Rings, Bracelets And Necklaces - I've noticed a LOT of style icons stacking rings lately and it's a look I love. Check out these cool GIF tutorials to learn the best tricks!
- Teenager SNEEZES to death: Mother’s despair after 17-year-old son suffers a brain haemorrhage following a sneezing fit - In a very unfortunate circumstance, a boy from the U.K. who seems to have had an unknown pre-existing blood clot sneezed 6 times which caused a hemorrhage in his brain. While he was alive long enough to get to doctors, they were unable to save him. His mother is left to grieve in shock, the poor thing. My heart goes out to them.
- Experts Warn About Skin Cancer 'Treatments' Sold Online - So, as we all know people search for solutions online. The experts aka some doctors warn that you might think it sounds like an awesome and organic product that you've found, but it may burn a hole through your face. Yes, the one doctor actually said "burning a hole through your face". I think that's a harsh way of saying things, first of all. Second of all... just do your research. Don't try some crazy online solution that you've never heard of before.
- Is This The New Coconut Water? - Aw yeah, I think I'm definitely going to have to try the new thing - maple water! It has health benefits and has way less sugar and calories than coconut water. Has anybody tried this yet??