Propylene Glycol is one of my annoying allergens. Well, all of them are annoying, but this one really gets me. It's because it's in EVERYTHING:
- soaps / body wash
- make – up
- pretty much any body product
- medicines (I need to get a medical i.d. bracelet for the E.R…. still on my to-do list)
- dry baking mixes
- salad dressing
- theater smoke
- botanical extracts (and they don’t have to list the ingredients in extracts, so that’s a hidden one)
- hand sanitizer
- and I’m finding out more items all the time
- bar soap / body wash
- mouth wash
- shampoo / conditioner
- baking mixes
- desserts in the bakery section of the grocery store
- modified food starch
- salad dressings
- pre-packaged salad dressings
- baby wipes
- gel cap pills and vitamins
- artificial flavoring
- artificial extracts
- fast food
- eye drops
- gets fed to cows
- is sprayed on produce
Research has been done, but I feel like we need more long-term research...
Some reports say PG is OK and some say it's linked to the following issues:
Propylene Glycol toxicity IS real.
It's been reported with the use of:
- diazepam IV
- and probably more that I've never heard of.
I see "PG Free" popping up on more and more products these days and I hope it keeps happening! Can't we just find another solution instead...?
Are you allergic Propylene Glycol or do you happen to avoid it for general health reasons?