Today marks exactly two years of me finding out I developed a loooooong list of allergies. In a way, it's been a gift: This past two years has been an incredible test of my character, patience and my will to push forward. At times it has sucked. I've:
- cried because I couldn't have pizza (I live in Chicagoland. I mean, come on.)
- avoided activities because of my allergies
- gone on a coffee drinking binge, knowing I shouldn't, and then paid for it
- angrily driven home after having to drive out of my way to buy groceries
- generally felt oppressed by my allergies
- and I could go on and on
But at the end of the day, it's important to always remind myself to keep my head up and know that it could be MUCH worse than it is. My allergies have forced me to challenge myself.
Here are some quotes I recently found that are good for myself and everyone else to remember:
Here's to two years of growing as a person and striving to forever being able to adjust my sails.