A recent comment by Mary made me think about what I've adopted instead of drinking coffee or tea. I can't drink either because:
- I'm allergic to caffeine
- I'm allergic to coffee - separately from caffeine, so no decaf either
- I'm allergic to so much of the flower, tree and grass type stuff that tea isn't an option either. Chamomile tea is one of my favs but it's a flower, so that's a no go
Autumn is creeping up and there's just something that I love about having my hands wrapped around a big hot mug... so I drink hot lemon water! And it has a lot of benefits.
- Aids in digestion
- It helps to rid your body of toxins because it makes you urinate more - it's actually advised that cancer patients drink it!
- Lemons balance your PH levels by making your body more alkaline
- Lemons are high in pectin fiber which promotes weight loss
- Hydrates your lymph system
- High in Vitamin C which is good for your immune system and your skin
* Just don't drink weirdly large amounts of lemon water because the acidity in the lemons can wear down the enamel on your teeth!