Not being able to use all the typical facial products, my pores can get clogged up and my skin not so smooth! This SOLVES it :-) I try to do it a couple times a month to keep my face in check.
What you'll need:
- a big bowl
- boiling water
- a large towel
- mild moisturizing soap
- exfoliating cotton rounds
- some dried lavender buds (optional)
- a timer (for 10 minutes)
- Start boiling the water (I fill a teapot)
- Wash your face and neck with a mild moisturizing soap and dry with towel
- Pour boiling water in bowl (I used a heat tolerant ceramic bowl)
- Add lavender and let it steep for 5 minutes
- Set the timer for 10 minutes
- Sit in front of the bowl, cover your head with the towel, lean over the steam and make a tent over the bowl with the towel. Don't suffocate yourself - in the beginning, I usually create a little vent for the steam to get out so I can adjust. After a couple minutes, I've usually adjusted and just relax and focus on my breathing.
- After the timer goes off, wash your face and neck again with warm water and in small circular motions, rub the the exfoliating side of the cotton round all over your face and neck
- Blot your face dry
- Wet a new cotton round in cold water and go over your face again with the exfoliating side
- Dry your face and let your skin air out and enjoy the feel of clean!